Monday, June 9, 2008

Parking Story Example - Maria

Maria, who signed the petiton requesting motorcycle/scooter parking in Dallas, sent us this email about a challenge she ran into trying to park at Preston Center.

If you have a story you would like to share as an example to the city, please email it to us!


As the owner of a Mercedes ML Diesel, a Ducati S2R 800 Monster, and an Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc scooter, I have options when getting around Dallas.

Yesterday, I exercised the option of using the scooter to get a quick sandwich at Preston Center. As I navigated the heavy lunchtime traffic in the parking garage, I found a sidewalk spot under the garage to put the scooter on the center stand. As I took my helmet off, the security car honked at me and the female security officer told me “you can’t park on the sidewalk.” I then asked her “Where is the motorcycle and scooter parking please?” and she replied “What? There is none.” So I said, “Then you must want me to take an entire car spot with all this traffic looking for a parking place?” and she replied “yes.” So, I did.

What a pain, and the entire time it took for me to get my sandwich “to go” it stressed me out that a car would peel into the space and cream my scooter.

Another story of unfriendly Dallas parking policies for its citizens!

If you have a story you would like to share as an example to the city, please email it to us!

No comments: